Saturday, February 23, 2008

16 weeks, 1 day - Well. Oiled. Machine.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that this (sixteen, I mean) is the week milk (colostrum, more specifically) production begins. As if right on cue, I woke up this morning with wicked stabbing pain in The Girls. The body is one fascinating machine.

I'm comforted (?) that BOTH of The Girls are having the pains as opposed to just Lefty, as Lefty has been the one that hurts and gets the electrically shooty things almost exclusively, leaving me to believe that Righty might not be planning on getting involved in the nursing this time (she was a slacker, last time, as I recall. She never kept Bean happy for long and she rarely gave up many goods to the pump, either. Lefty was my go-to boob when I really needed some MILKIES, on the double!) But Righty's got the PAINS this morning.

Everybody send Righty the milky-vibes, okay?

Yeah, I DO know how much you enjoy thinking about my boobs. Hee hee.

8 comments:

Mari said...

My husband thinks I'm crazy - I'm sitting here at the computer laughing and he looks at me with a questioning look. I tell him I'm reading Okra's (you are known as Okra over here!) pregnancy blog. "Oh" is all he says. He's afraid to even ask!

BerryBusyMom said...

Here come the Bustifying Milk Vibes ~~~~~*****#####~~~~~

Did it work?

Hee Hee

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

yeah, I'm STILL amazed that your FOUR MONTH pregnany shot is my "I'd kill for those abs" shot. LOL Tell ya what, I'll send a post-adoption belly shot of me and they'll say "good gracious! NOW she's showing!" hee hee

Unknown said...

hee hee!! Love it!!! I hear you on the uneven-ness...we are dealing with it live and in person over here!! You crack me up! Keep it comin'!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Interestingly enough, my Righty is something of a dud, too. In fact, I just gave up on her about 4 months in with Dacey and 4 WEEKS in with AJ. That's right. I'm a One-Sided Wonder. Something I am confident you could have done quite well not knowing about. hee hee

Yay for colostrum! Now, get busy Righty!

CanCan said...

I saw Everybody Loves Raymond once when he referred to his wife's breasts as "Barnes" and "Noble". It made me laugh so hard.
Good luck with your "mummies". That is what we called the whole nursing thing.

Trena said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. That cracked me up. I'm 11 weeks prego right now and my girls have been hurting for the last five weeks. I can't imagine what is going to happen in five weeks when the milk starts producing! Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

Hehe well it worked for me second time round so I have every faith it will for you too!

Jove prefered (and still does) the left side so I was a bit lopsided for a while, it soon evened back up again though. Now I'm making you think about my boobs lol!

Sending milky vibes your way!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

My Lil Family