Saturday, November 24, 2007

all belly, all the time

Weekly belly photos (from 5 weeks) start right after this new "time-lapse" video of belly growth from week 19 to the present:



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
5 weeks, 4 days
Only thing to see here is the leftover flubber from Bean and some pasty white winter skin.

Photobucket
8 weeks, 2 days
No bump, but my abdomen is beginning to look like a tree trunk. "Slight thickening," my foot! It already feels and looks as though I have intestines up around my ribcage. Which I probably do.

Photobucket
10 weeks
Ho hum! Nothing goin' on on the outside, but there IS a baby in there, I have seen it with mine own two eyes now.

Photobucket
11 weeks, 2 days
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Last pregnancy this time, I was getting frustrated that there were no outward signs. This time I'm wiser and enjoying life in my "normal" winter clothes and being thankful for a slow-growing belly. All in good time, my pretty. All in good time.

Photobucket
12 weeks, 1 day
BOING! The position of the waistband of these pants doesn't really show off the huge change the belly has made in the past week, but you can definitely tell there's been a change. Clothed, it's now pretty evidently round and bumpish.

Photobucket
13 weeks
Yeah, I know. Where'd it go? Oh well, like I said, False Belly Alarm last week! Back to my normal self mostly again. Pardon the pajamas - I'll be back to jeans next time - this time I was in a big old hurry!

14 weeks
I skipped the 14 week picture because we were at the beach with my family and on that Friday I was a big ol' constipated, bloated gasbag from all the delicious but disagreeable to the Mama-tummy fried seafood and such. I looked like I eventually will at about 34 weeks. It was most unpleasant to look at AND feel. My Mom pointed at me in horror at one point and said, "Megan, you're HOW far along?" When I told her, her eyes got huge and she said, "I predict you're going to be HUGE in a few months!!!" Ha ha, fooledja Mom! As I recall actual baby bump is much more fun.

Photobucket
15 weeks
Yeah, I know. Still kinda dull from the outside. I think if I were a thinner person to begin with, you'd see more, but I guess there's plenty o' camouflage in that flubber of mine.

Photobucket

16 weeks
It just must be a very tall, thin baby. That's all I can figure out. I know he/she is in there and growing because I can feel the top of my uterus moving up and up, but dang, this thing just won't make a bump!

Photobucket

17 weeks
Grainy picture - Mama's gettin' lazy with these belly shots. We have a doctor's appointment today, so I'll update about that later. The belly IS growing. I should push in the top part, right below my sternum. It's so saggy up there that the belly just sorta blends in. But when I lie on my back there is a pretty noticeable little round protrusion right where it should be. Hold on, lemme see if I can take a picture of that...

Photobucket

17 Weeks, So You Can Actually See Sump'm!
AHA! There we go! See? BUMP!

Photobucket
18 Weeks, New Angle Option

Photobucket
18 weeks, Old Angle

Photobucket
19 Weeks.
Other women get cute little shapely baby bumps. I get a beer belly.

Photobucket
19 Weeks with the assistance of gravity.
The baby isn't so bunched up anymore. The bump is longer from top to bottom, but not poking out quite so far. Right?

Photobucket
20 Weeks.
Halfway there. Looks bigger this week!

Photobucket
20 Weeks View 2.
Definitely bigger. Definitely.

Photobucket
21 weeks.
Fat bellied Mama! (That's my finger from the hand in the back, not my belly button!)

Photobucket
21 weeks, View 2.
I used my hand to press down all the extra baggage around my midsection so you can see the shape of the bump. It's really growing these days! But I still have on my regular jeans. WOOT!

Photobucket
22 Weeks.

Photobucket
22 Weeks, View 2.

Photobucket
22 Weeks, Face.
Photo by Bean. I don't know why I look so pained. I'm really not pained at all.

Photobucket
23 Weeks.

Photobucket
23 Weeks, View 2.

Photobucket
24 Weeks

Photobucket
24 Weeks, View 2

Photobucket
25 Weeks

Photobucket
25 Weeks, View 2

Photobucket
27 Weeks

Photobucket
27 Weeks, View 2

Photobucket
29 Weeks - Whole Self, Whoohoooo!

Photobucket
30 Weeks

Photobucket
30 Weeks, View 2

Photobucket
30 Weeks, Face

Photobucket
31 Weeks

Photobucket
31 Weeks, View 2

Photobucket
32 Weeks

Photobucket
32 Weeks, View 2

Photobucket
32 Weeks, Front View
Tiny belly button. Still no stretch marks. Thank you, heredity.

Photobucket
35 Weeks. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Photobucket
35 Weeks, View 2

Photobucket
35 Weeks, Front View. Belly button still hanging in there!

Photobucket
37 Weeks

Photobucket
37 Weeks, Side View

Photobucket
38 Weeks

Photobucket
38 Weeks View Two

Photobucket
38 Weeks, Belly Button Will. Not. Give. Up.

Photobucket
41 Weeks (Peanut was born at 39 weeks, 6 days.)

Photobucket
41 weeks with belly's previous contents.

Photobucket
41 weeks, View 2

Photobucket
41 weeks, View 2 with former tenant.

30 comments:

Boo's Mama said...

Loving the wall color! ;)
I'm so glad that you are doing a belly gallery this time, yay!

Anonymous said...

Nathan will be quite pleased!! I am too!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I love that you are doing a belly gallery! I'm afraid I am going to pass on that. Pregnancy was not very forgiving to me last time, so I think I will keep my stretchmarks covered up!!

Boo's Mama said...

Maybe you have intestines around your rib cage, it's hard to say from this angle. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!!! A tree trunk! Where do you come up with these things? Heather and Cami

Beth Cotell said...

Why does it appear to me that you are getting smaller instead of larger!

Megan Cobb said...

Beth -

I think because the bloating and stuff are subsiding a bit, and because, since I feel better, I'm exercising again AND I don't have to eat all the time to keep myself from being sick. I also took today's picture a little tiny bit earlier in the day than the last two... by about 2-3 hours, I think.

CanCan said...

I want to stay tuned to see how long those jeans can hold out, before you have to make the switch to some POUCH JEANS!

BerryBusyMom said...

SPROIN-N-N-G!! Wow what a big difference a week makes! How exciting.

Hugs
M

Anonymous said...

Awww, I do think your belly popped out for sure this week and is looking so cute and tiny. :) I laughed at CanCan's comment about staying around to find out how long those jeans will hold out for. So far so good!

Anonymous said...

I see the bump!!! Yay...it's there for sure now. I am so excited to find out the sex.

Heather and Cami

Anonymous said...

Hehe yay a bump! I'm so jealous, it took me ages to show with both of mine! It's looking girl-shaped to me so far, it'll beinteresting to see how the bump develops :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan, Thanks for posting this link in my notes! Gonna get an RSS feed for this site fixed up so I can follow it :D I love your belly gallery, I hope I can do one too when I get pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Hehe well what I reckon is that Peanut overhard me and thought "hang on I don't want them guessing what I am just yet, I'd better hunker down a bit here!". I actually would never have uessed those were pyjamas, I just thought you had a snazy re outfit on ;)

Anonymous said...

Urgh I hate this keyboard!
To aid your reading of the last comment....

overhard = overheard
uessed = guessed
snazy = snazzy
re = red

tsssk

Anonymous said...

Flubber?! Pah!

Lerin said...

I'm pretty jealous right now... you look less pregnant at 15 weeks along than I do at 11 months post-partum! LOL. I'd never show my belly online, but I think it's a great idea... how fun to watch my baby Peanut grow!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic, you know. Gotta love low-rise jeans! I was able to wear some of my regular jeans well into the second trimester just because of the cut, haha.

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful! I can't believe you are still wearing the same jeans! I hope and pray that all will be well for you at the ultrasound.

Anonymous said...

Jealous about the "still wearing jeans" thing, haha. I wore my jeans a lot longer than I thought I'd be able to (woo hoo, lowrise!) but I know it wasn't this long! You look great, I'm so excited!!

Lerin said...

Now that's a real baby bump!!! Grow, Peanut, Grow! :)

Carrie said...

It's so neat that you're willing to show off your pregnancy belly! What a cool idea! And may I say, Where are your stretch marks??? Okay, my baby is only 4 months old (my first) so maybe they're going to go away, but honestly. I would NOT post a picture of my belly without a shirt over it, pregnant or not, because of ALL the stretch marks! Blech! :(

Anonymous said...

Such a cute baby bump. I am quite jealous of your bump, as you look pregnant. I just look fat, as the baby weight is going all over and not just out the front!!

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

I should have chronicled my adoption tummy shots. Let's just say I'm a stress eater.

:-)

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

Awwww. He's just a-growin'.

Anonymous said...

Aww, look how cute that belly is! I'm so jealous sometimes, I want to be pregnant again! (I just don't want what comes AFTER that, haha.) I'm still absolutely in LOVE with the wall color by the way.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your perfect non-stretchmarked baby belly!! Mine is not quite as lovely and round as yours and although there are no new stretch marks this time (yet) the ones from last time are there as reminders of what is most likely to come!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I really want to reach out and pat that belly of yours! ;) Don't think my arm can stretch the Atlantic Ocean though, so you're safe! ;) Very cute belly, Megan! I already have stretchmarks and I'm only 20 weeks!

Heather Oller said...

AWwwwwww.... Id like to pat the belly too. What a beautiful belly you have. It inly took you, oh 35 darn weeks to get the dang thing. LOL.

Crooked Eyebrow said...

I just noticed you had a belly gallery, I loved it!

What great memories you will have to look back on.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

My Lil Family