Friday, October 31, 2008

12 Weeks - Just When You Thought it Was Safe to Put Your Bra Back On

Twelve week growth spurt - BOOM - smack on target! Been feeding the boy every hour and a half in the day hours and about every three hours at night. Man, he's like clockwork. Next time I'm toying with the idea of giving up breastfeeding I'm going to KNOW we're headed into a growth spurt.

Also, he's entered the "Mama no can turn her back on me!" thing too, which I remember from Bean. I'm not allowed to leave his sight when he's awake except in his immediate post-feed moments, and must remain facing him, preferably smiling, unless I am prepared to listen to broken-hearted weeping. It's kinda funny, actually, but also frustrating for him and me.

But whoooooooo dawgies when I do look at him and smile! He just RADIATES. It's adorable and so heartwarming. He loves his Mama. And she loves him back, too.

Been trying today to get him off to sleep without being attached to me. He's doing pretty well, actually. A lot better than I thought it'd go this first day of trying. A minute ago I unlatched him just as he was nodding off and rocked him briefly until he was sleeping. Then I put him in his crib. He woke up and cried for a minute or two and then went back to sleep. SCORE! I hope we'll see that happen more and more often.

That's all for now. I have a million things to do today and maybe an hour to get them all done!

4 comments:

Tequilamonkey said...

My stars, is he really 12 weeks old already?!!

Is nice to know it's a growth spurt isn't it, otherwise you'd think this was going to be it forever ;)

Hope he gets that growing done soon and it settles down again for you.

Off to look at that very smile you're talking about on your other blog, he truly is one of the most beautiful boys I have ever seen :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your entries, because it gives me a heads up of what to expect in the next week! So, good to know a growth spurt is most likely on its way!

Heather Oller said...

12 weeks?!! How did that happen? I am so proud of you for making it this long with breastfeeding. You are doing a great job and those smiles prove it every minute of the day. What a good patient mam you are!

Heather Oller said...

that was supposed to say mama...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

My Lil Family