Wednesday, August 6, 2008

39 weeks, 5 days - 9:30 PM

Still contracting and they are definitely getting more painful. I can still walk and talk and do stuff through them but they hurt, for sure. They're 4 minutes apart but not even 30 seconds long. Just went to the bathroom and had LOTS of bloody show. Wondering why they're so close together but not longer.

Al repacking his bag. (Eyeroll.) I'm going to add some last minute items to mine and then lie down and drink some water.

I really don't know what to think. This is not like it was last time, so it's hard to know what I should be doing with somewhat painful contractions 4 mins apart but only 20 seconds long.

Strange.

It's never cut and dried, is it?

Ow.

3 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

Everytime is different. Good luck dear!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for updating!! I'm so excited for you, woo hoo!

With Riley I had NO CLUE that I was in labor. My contractions (which I thought were BH) were coming at odd intervals and only lasting 5-10 seconds. By the time I got to the hospital (because I was scheduled to be induced!) I was dilated to 8cm.

With Aislyn I had contractions on top of each other with NO break in between but not at all painful.

There is no "right way" to have contractions! :) But YAY, this sounds like the real deal and hopefully it won't be long before I am seeing pictures (and finding out the name!!!) of your sweet little man!

Love you! xoxo

Melissa said...

We're praying for you and all the changes your body is going through! And can't wait to "meet" Peanut soon. :o)
Keep up the good work, Mama!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

My Lil Family